Fitness Boot camp is a great way to improve your health and fitness. Be part of a group of like minded people that will help push and motivate you. The workouts combine body weight exercises with equipment based circuits to help you burn fat while preserving muscle mass. Any ages and abilities are welcome but be prepared to burn some calories. The boot camps are located in Gadebridge Park Hemel Hempstead every Tuesday at 6:30 and Wednesday at 6pm.
Why Choose Boot Camps?
- Health Conditions: Reduce the risk of suffering from chronic health conditions such as diabetes, arthritis and heart disease.
- Staying Active: Not doing any exercise or keeping active can have a detrimental effect on your health. You may lose your ability to do certain tasks and lose motivation as you get older.
- Depression: Physical exercise will help to improve your mood and reduce feelings of depression by increasing your levels of endorphins, dopamine an serotonin.
- Muscle and Strength: As we age and our hormones change we naturally lose muscle. Resistance training will help to preserve muscle mass which in the long term will preserve your metabolism.
- Confidence: If you don’t enjoy or feel confident going to the gym then building up your fitness and strength with other people is a great place to start.
- Stay Motivated: Some people find it hard to stay motivated by themselves which is why group training is so effective. You will have the social support of friends or family which will make the workouts more fun.
What’s involved in the training?
The boot camps are super fun workouts that combine body weight and strength exercises. We usually start with a body weight warm up coupled with stretching exercises followed by an equipment based circuit training session where we will work the upper and lower body muscles. The aim is to improve your cardiovascular fitness as well as preserve muscle and build core strength.